Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Grasland, Germany


Grasland - Echt Null! 1981 Torpedo.

Well, after 3 days of some pretty exciting stuff, we're back to the more mundane rarities. This was another one out of Heavyrock's collection, that I'd been looking for a copy for some time. And while I'm not assigning it a priority, I thought it was good enough for a separate entry.

I was a bit surprised at the heaviness of the first track, almost a proto metal sound permeates. There are other times further in where the guitar is grungier than you would expect. Overall, I'd say it's like a harder edged Rousseau, around the time of "Retreat" (but minus the flute), mixed with some straightforward rock with German vocals. This latter element made me think of late 70s Novalis. Overall a pretty decent album, and worth seeking for a couple of listens.

Priority: none

No comments: