Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fernand Pena et Puzzle, France

Fernand Pena et Puzzle - s/t. 1977 Centaur

It's been awhile since I added something new to the CDRWL. It's always nice to hear an obscurity that is really quite good. We have our good friend SF to thank for this entry, as he had sent me a CD-R a few months ago. About a month later, I finally dug into the disc, and was impressed with what I was hearing. As luck would have it, there happened to be a copy on ebay just as I was hearing it. As you can see from above, the cover is pretty fascinating, and I immediately determined I wanted an original LP. Even the label design is alluring! The photos above are from that auction that yours truly surprisingly managed to win. Since the seller had already done the heavy lifting regarding the photos, I figured I'll share some of them here. Credits of course go to that gentleman! The auction ended December 9th and after a few weeks (shipped from France during Christmas season), I received the LP. And then of course it took me another couple of weeks to hear the LP itself. And... being the lazy I am, here's the entry two weeks after that. Haha, such is my life.

This isn't a monster new discovery on the level of Ginga Rale Band or Rob Thomsett, but it sure is a delight to hear. If all this sounds interesting, definitely put the feelers out for a copy.

Moved to UMR

Priority: 3