Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Friday, March 4, 2011

Morgen, USA *** REISSUED ***


Morgen - s/t. 1969 Probe.

*** Reissued by Sunbeam 2013 ***

As these things go, Morgen is practically a household name compared to the usual CDRWL fare. It's also one heck of a psych album, and that's one reason why it leads the league in bootlegs. This is something I think we've all been waiting for a high profile label like Sundazed to tackle. And I'm sure they would if they could. My guess is it's tied up legally somewhere.

When I first started collecting psych music in the late 1980s (which admittedly came after progressive rock and heavy metal), I expected all the albums to sound something like Morgen. Great bumble bee fuzz guitar, good melodies, somewhat spaced out vocals. But alas, it wasn't to be the case. But Morgen is in the big leagues, and it's no surprise to me that it is one of the most sought after of the major label psych pieces, despite there being a relatively large supply in circulation. It's just that good - and no legal reissue to offset demand. To me, this one is the real deal and I file it right next to The Plastic Cloud. Nice late 1800's artwork of "The Scream" by Edvard Munch.

Priority: 2

No comments: