Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Id, USA


Id - Where Are We Going. 1976 Aura.

I rescued this from a used record store in the late 1980s. And I do mean rescue. Ah the poor thing - it was pretty much beat to hell. But I bought it anyway. It was cheap and looked cool. Kept it for years until I replaced it with the CD reissue about 10 years later. So why is it being featured here? Well I'm sure you all know the answer already. Of course, it's a bootleg, like so many other neglected US albums sprinkled throughout our list. Oh well, my LP was pretty battered, and I wasn't as acutely aware of bootlegs in the late 90s.

Id is the album that Terry Brooks and Strange should have released. For those of you that have endured "Raw Power", then you know what an exhausting fuzz guitar overload that album is. Id is no different really on that point, but the primary separator is the keyboard work which is all in technicolor mellotron! There's even some decent melodies, especially on the first side. Lyrically it's 70s cornball hippy dipster the-world-is-going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket kind of album. There's some narration and phased semi-singing that's so bad it's bad, thus we love it anyway. Honestly, I like this album quite a bit. If you can handle non stop guitar soloing, then you might like it too! And truthfully there wasn't a lot of this kind of stuff on the market in the 1970s. Band is purportedly from the Baltimore area, but I don't know for sure.

Priority: 2

No comments: