Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Arco Iris, Argentina


Arco Iris - Agitor Lucens V. 1974 Music Hall

This is a new entry into the CD Reissue Wishlist, and comes as quite a surprise for me. I always thought of Arco Iris as a new age / Andes Mountain hybrid from the 1980s. Then I was told their 1970's albums were different, so I got ahold of "Los Elementales" (which is on CD), a highly rated fusion album from 1977. But while I thought it was good, it wasn't anything really that different or special.

But "Agitor Lucens V" IS quite a bit different. "Agitor Lucens V" appears to be unique in their canon. This is one of the best things I've heard in the last couple of years. It's a mite inconsistent, which is part of its charm I think. In some ways, this is Argentina's version of the Lula Cortes and Ze Remalho "Paeribu" album. And when you find out that their spiritual guide was a gorgeous babe / former fashion model, then you know these guys were tuned into something special.

So before I go much further, please read the following from Gerald. Especially the Biography section as well as the review for this album.

If that doesn't spark your interest, I'm not sure anything else I say will.

Many of their albums are on CD, but this one unfortunately has been avoided.

Priority: 1

No comments: