Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Update: Italian box sets are out

Earlier in the month we had been a bit dismayed by the fact that the only way to buy the new Sensations Fix CDs, is to buy the box sets with 5 other releases, most of which have been already reissued (many times).

Well, the good news is that the box sets are only $45 each. At that price point, they make more sense, especially considering that all of these have been newly remastered. They do come with sleeve inserts, as suspected, so they aren't something one would sell or buy individually.

2 comments:

spacefreak said...

From what I've heard these boxes should be avoided at all costs. Awful level of sound compression on the remastering, that distorts the natural feel of the album and cheapo packaging that won't sell easily the duplicates as stand alones.

Purple Peak Records said...

Hi Spyros... yes, I saw the same comments on Progressive Ears. I actually picked up the set anyway. I haven't heard any of them yet. But another reliable source tells me they aren't that bad from a sound perspective.

Even if they do reissue Sensations' Fix separately (and I predict they will), I bet they use the same "mastering". Same with Carnascialia. The rest of the box are throw-ins as far as I'm concerned, as I either have both the LP original and CD reissue I prefer (Balletto, Jumbo, Latte E Miele, De De Lind, Locanda) - or they're albums I wouldn't otherwise bother to own (Ibis, Cacciapaglia, Stradaperta, Pelosi).

As for the packaging, it is exactly what I would have predicted since it's 6 CDs for $45.

However, if they never reissue Sensations Fix again - these boxes will be worth a lot of money in a few years, despite the current uproar over the mastering.