Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Nautilus, Switzerland



Nautilus - 20000 Miles Under the Sea. 1978 Turicaphon.
Nautilus - Space Storm. 1980 Musk.

Both Nautilus albums were released in the heyday of the Swiss private press progressive rock movement that continued through the early 80s (see Agamemnon, Plamp, Eloiteron, Schakta and many others here in this list). "20000 Miles Under the Sea" is a bit more "proto prog" than most and carries over some harder edges (organ, guitar) from the days when Uriah Heep and Deep Purple ruled the airwaves. "Space Storm" is a considerably more commercial attempt and was my first exposure to the band some 20 years ago. I sold pretty quickly, and now that I've had a chance to revisit, I'd say it's actually worse than I remember! I wish I'd bought "20000 Miles Under the Sea" instead (if I recall correctly I had the opportunity to buy either). It may have changed things over time, but as it stands, Nautilus to me are strictly 4th tier.

Priority: none

No comments: