Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Foehn, France


Foehn - Faeria. 1985 private.

About 15 years ago, I decided to sell this LP from my collection and put in my first Creativity and Chaos record sale list. I used a description that compared Foehn to a mix of Zeuhl and late era new wave pop bands like Swing Out Sister. The customer who bought it, wrote back to tell me that he agreed completely with that comparison and it's why he bought it. Now in 2010, after hearing it again for the first time since, my opinion has changed little. Though I did forget how much fine guitar is present on here, an instrument that can sometimes be underutilized in the Zeuhl world. A good album, that I appreciate more now that ever.

Priority: none

No comments: