Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Monday, February 21, 2011

Jean Luc Hamonet and Algue, France


Jean Luc Hamonet ~ Algue - Mélodie, Mélodie ~ Rock. 1982 Le Kiosque d'Orphée.

Man, more damn diacritics and tilde's than you can shake a stick at. Well anyway, following yesterday's post, here's yet another ebay find. I probably should have mentioned them as I went along, but most of this list was baked already (from my personal website), and I didn't add a lot of unique content until recently. So I do so now. This one I bought from an Italian gentleman who had lots of stuff like this for pretty cheap in the 2005 / 2006 time frame.

Hamonet's sole album (the only one I know of anyway) is a pleasant instrumental romp focusing on our protagonist's guitar and flute work. Some of it is light tropical and breezy as is typical of the era. However, there are some fiery moments to behold, in particular the closer 'Masques' is right out of the Heldon playbook. I sure hope there's more like this sitting in a drawer somewhere. A pretty murky recording, so a CD reissue could easily raise this a point or so. Same label as the rare debut album by Rictus.

Priority: 3

2 comments:

strawbsfan said...

Hi Tom,
I recently digitized another album with Hamonet. He was and more than likely founded a band called Ways. I think they have 3 albums (Planetes, 2 and 3) with the last two being issued on CD. The one I would gladly share with you is Planetes if you are interested :)

Purple Peak Records said...

Hi SF,

Absolutely! Thanks as always!