Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Friday, June 11, 2010

News: Next two batches of Italian box sets (Vol. 5 and Vol. 6)

Last year, we covered the first two box sets coming out of Italy. The primary interest was the first time reissues of Sensations Fix "Portable Madness" and "Finest Finger". These boxes have been widely panned by the progressive rock buying community, for the poor mastering job: heavily compressed and very loud. I bought them both anyway, and I have no issues with the sound. I own the original vinyl of almost all of these albums (at least of the first two boxes), and many of them just aren't that great to begin with, and I have mintish copies in most cases. It's a subjective argument of course, and I tend to stay out of the discussion, because I'm sure technically those that are complaining have a good point. I didn't even bother to listen to the Jumbo's, Latte E Miele's etc, because I already own them on CD and I had no intention of selling them. I bought them for the Sensations Fix, and I was pleased (though I would have chosen they were issued separately).

I didn't report Box 3 or 4, as nothing of interest really caught my eye.

Thanks to a tip from reader Mike, Volumes 5 and 6 are coming out on June 24. Volume 5 has a bunch of obscurities that we've reported here (and I need to update). But the real gem here is Volume 6, that has the rare first Sensations Fix as well as Franco Falsini's "Cold Nose". I will be certain to buy that volume.

Progressive Italia Gli Anni '70 Vol. 5 (6CD) - available from June 24

CLAUDIO PASCOLI – NAIFUNK
MAURIZIO ARCIERI – TRASPARENZE
SENSATIONS’ FIX – FLYING TAPES
CLAUDIO DENTES – PANTAREI
MAURO PELOSI – IL SIGNORE DEI GATTI
MADRUGADA ‐ INCASTRO
Digital remastered sound!

Progressive Italia Gli Anni '70 Vol. 6 (6CD) - available from June 24

FRANCO FALSINI – COLD NOSE
MAURIZIO FABRIZIO – MOVIMENTI NEL CIELO
PANGEA – INVASORI
CARLO SILIOTTO ‐ ONDINA
PUEBLO – PUEBLO
SENSATIONS’ FIX – SENSATIONS’ FIX

No comments: