Quick Links

The CD Reissue Wish List blog has been discontinued as of October 2015, as it had served its initial purpose.

Please click on the following links for:

CDRWL News

CDRWL Priority 1


CDRWL Priority 2

New CDRWL items and/or new notes on items previously featured here.

CDRWL LPs for sale

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jenghiz Khan, Belgium

Jenghiz Khan - Well Cut. 1971 Barclay

It was in the late 1980's that I first began to trade with dealers from around the world. And Jenghiz Khan was one of the first albums I traded for, and it cost me some rare gems (at least for what I had to offer at the time). "A psychedelic progressive masterpiece from Belgium." I don't think I could have been more disappointed. In fact, I thought it was terrible and I'd just been taken to the cleaners. An early lesson for me in "dealer hype". See my definition of hype in the Passenger (UK) entry. Anyway, looking back on it, I can see where Jenghiz Khan would be popular with a certain fan base. So no way would I call it hype today. And it's aged a bit better for me, but no chance would I froth about it either. Jenghiz Khan are a fairly typical early 70s hard rock / blues rock band with organ and guitar leads, and half-way decent English vocals. Very ordinary songwriting. Somewhat like the UK blues rock scene ala Ashkan and Elias Hulk, but far more inconsistent. Last track, clocking in at 10 minutes, is the clear winner of the bunch. There are at least 3 bootlegs of this album. So the demand is there. 

Priority: none

No comments: